While stocking candy corn pumpkins may have seemed premature on grocery stores’ parts back in August, there’s no denying now that we’re in the throes of Halloween prep season – and hooray for that! Not only do we now have full permission to “taste test” fun-sized candy bars, dust off the scary movies, and dress up with abandon, but it’s the time of year when our inner elementary school kid gets to take the reins on decorating. Here, a round-up of tricks and treats that’ll make your home the spookiest on the block:
2) Equal parts efficient and festive, those jack-o-lantern leaf bags will never fall out of style.
3) Itching to try your hand at a semi-professional light show? Who can forget this party-rocking display.
4) Infuse the 31st with a little competitive spirit. Bobbing for apples is a great start.
5) Remember back when those peeled grapes really did feel like eyeballs? Keep the kids questioning their senses with a “Find Your Way Blind” game.
6) ‘Tis the season to get crafty. Be it jack-o-lantern balloons or skull potato stamps, Martha Stewart (naturally) has it figured out.
Go ahead – spook out your home, your kids, your pantry shelves, and more. All five of our The Rue BOO-tiques Boutiques open Wednesday, October 3, at 3PM ET.
By Sarah Stanley, Staff Writer
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.