We have a secret weapon here at Rue: our art director Katie Sarna, DIY guru of What Katie Made, has a knack for turning everyday objects into chic home décor – case in point, these rustic and oh-so-fabulous brick bookends. Check out how she made them in just four simple steps and get ready for an impact-making weekend project.
1. Find a brick – any old brick will do.
2. Take a hammer and chip away at the straight edges (also a great way to relieve stress). There’s no wrong way to do this – just make sure you’re wearing eye protection.
3. Spray the top and each side with metallic spray paint – gold, silver, or copper will do.
4. Let dry, find a bookcase to display, and admire your handiwork.
– By Keriann Coffey, Associate Blog Editor
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.