Summer humidity often results in frizzy locks, so I often opt for the never-fail ponytail during hot months. If you’re looking for fancier strands, however, turn to Blake Lively’s Met Gala tri-pony. (Amazing, right?) To re-create the look, just follow the simple steps from Rachael B., our hair and makeup artist, below.
- Spray freshly washed hair with a light coat of hair spray for texture.
- Divide hair into three sections: one at the top of your head, one in the middle, and one at the nape of your neck.
- Grab the first section of hair and secure it with an elastic. For added volume, tease the front.
- Separate a small section of your ponytail and wrap it around the elastic twice, then secure with a small bobby pin.
- Tease the ends of your ponytail for added volume.
- Repeat steps 3 – 5 with the middle section.
- Gather remaining hair into a final ponytail and secure with an elastic at the nape of your neck.
- Repeat step 4.
By Mairead McGonagle, Staff Writer
Have a question or want to share how you’ll be rocking your A-list-approved ponytail? Tweet us at @ruelala.
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.