Attention home cooks: Whether you’re a novice or a pro, your kitchen calls for a few necessities. From a copper saucepan for melting chocolate to a cast iron skillet for sautéing meats, this list of kitchen staples will lay the groundwork for every must-try recipe.
- Medium- to large-sized skillet (nonstick or cast iron) for sautéing and stir-frying.
- A 6- to 8-quart Dutch oven with lid for everything from braising to boiling.
- Stainless steel or copper saucepan for cooking sauces, rice and grains, and vegetables.
- Enameled cast-iron baking dish for casseroles and desserts.
- Always-sharp stainless steel cutlery for effortless slicing.
- Stackable mixing bowls and measuring cups for tidy storage.
Stockpile these necessities at our The Rue Kitchen Shop Boutique opening Tuesday, July 22, at 11AM ET.
By Julia Ivins, Staff Writer
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.